Bonjour, Hello, and all that good stuff!
Allow myself to. . . introduce myself. . . I am "Lord" AEmil mab Donnachaidh, loyal Cabin "Boy" to Lord Captain Dominico Taddio of the Botta Puntessa of the Barony of Aquaterra's Naval Fleet. . . or something like that. . . Posing as the Ambassador to the Kingdom of the East for the Barony of Aquaterra, I am giving that up to move all the way from Massachusetts to your gorgeous state of Utah! I'll be there by the first weekend of May to a beautiful home which is currently under contract in Clinton.
My yummy habits include:
- Belly dancing (Though, after this winter, it's become more belly and less dancing!)
- Fencing (Ugh! I renewed my card last April, and then I haven't fought in about a year! I'll be a big confidence booster for any intermediate fighters!)
- Equestrian (I used to be a dressage student, and would be happy to help with the grooming/keeping of anyone's steeds. I make an excellent [free] Groom.)
- Bard (I love singing bawdy songs and am a professional harper. [Not harpist. I play folk music.] Learning the guitar. Willing to trade guitar lessons for garb, maybe?)
- Costuming (My mother was a professional seamstress, and so I am pretty good with cloth and thread. Runs in the genes.)
More likely than not, I'll have a nice little housewarming party once we get to our new home and have some furniture (or at least pillows!) to sit on! Maybe we could all hang out, have supper and watch a good SCA appropriate movie, such as 'A Knights Tale' or something equally amusing!
Other than that, my name is Halley, I teach yoga and meditation. I own three cats, a chinchilla, and an incredulous Welshman by the name of Adam. He's an okay guy. . . really! I have been in the SCA for five years back in the Kingdom of An Tir. I am an artist and musician, though I always end up picking up a real job every now and again. So, if you have any odd jobs or anything, give me a ring. I'm not a very big person, though so I can't really do any hard labor. . . "I am Spartacus!"
So, that's it in a nutshell. Hope to meet you all this summer!
In Service of the Dream,